Friday 19 June 2009

Peak Performance: Did I Stick to My Plan? Find Out Here...

Earlier this week I shared with you the incredible benefits of focusing on just one activity in your life and training that activity really hard for a week. This is a key to achieving peak performance and to living a deliberate, powerful and stress-free life.

And my personal committment this week was to double my usual "maintenance" regime of physical training and do 1000 Oriental push-ups and 500 Squats over the space of 5 days. Have I followed through?

Well, it's like this. It's before noon on Friday and I've got just 50 more push-ups and 75 more squats to do! So yes, I'm right on schedule. Okay, I'm 25 squats behind, but that's easy to make up before I get to the finish line at midnight tonight ;-)

What did I get out of this? So far, I've experienced the following benefits:

  1. I plan to make this into my new "maintenance" regime - that's how much I've loved the resulting increases in strength, endurance and even flexibility.
  2. A few weeks back I injured a knee - stretched some tendons - and it really bothered me for several days. Doubling my squats has really strengthened all the surrounding tissues and made the knee seem just about as good as new.
  3. Yes, it feels really good to have decided to accomplish something tough and actually done it. Whenever you do that, it's a deposit into the bank of your self-esteem ;-)

Your life will improve to the extent that you take massive and focused action - there's not other way to acquire Personal Power and self-mastery. So what have you decided to focus on for the next 5-7 days? Feel free to leave a comment and let me know!

~Dr. Symeon Rodger

Warrior Coaching International - "Transforming your mind, body and spirit into SOLID STEEL... wrapped in cotton" ;-)

http://www.warriorcoachinginternational.com/specialreport/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I have a baby coming and some huge goals for the youth centers we want to build. I needed some financial stability, more than anything, as we waited for some bigger RE deals to close. I decided, as I've done in the past, to do a 5 day challenge to profit 10K in 5 days (Last time it was $4750). I am on day 2 and I've been posting videos on my facebookpage @ www.facebook.com/josephaaron and you tube. It's looking good. Thanks for the focus. I enjoy the warrior blog.

    ReplyDelete