Tuesday 27 April 2010

Want REAL Health? Go on a Cleanse!

Just so you don't think I'm all hot air, that I write about all these great practices without ever doing them...

...Last week I was into two phenomenal resilience-building activities.  It was an amazing week, a week of challenges, of pain and finally of sweet victory.  Today, though, I'll just cover the first of those activities - a comprehensive internal cleanse or detoxification.


If you're reading this blog, you probably already know how important periodic cleanses are.  Your body is packed with a dizzying array of toxins and parasites absorbed from food, water, air pollution, toxic substances used in building interiors and more.  And by all accounts, this toxic load is considerably worse than it was even two or three decades ago.  Yet a good cleanse is almost guaranteed to get your blood pesticide levels down to FDA standards ;-) Even more amazing is that a good cleanse can eliminate the after-effects of previous emotional and even physical traumas.

In fact, some of the greatest "miracle" stories of healing and longevity have been based on cleansing, such as those of Victor Irons, Dr. Bernard Jensen and many more.  




The Cleanse I Used:


Over the years, I've used a number of different cleanses, and most of them have been incredibly positive experiences.  The cleanse I just started was recommended by my business associate, Kathy, about two years ago and I had wanted to try it ever since.  It's produced by a US company called Blessed Herbs and Kathy's naturopath was very impressed with the contents.  


If you know how confusing a cleanse can be, with a zillion different capsules to swallow or potions to drink at specific times of day, you'll really appreciate the Blessed Herbs approach.  Yeah, they have the pills and potions, but the layout is SO user-friendly you can't possibly get confused.   


This cleanse is, as the name implies, based largely on herbs, and runs for three stages of seven days each, so three weeks in all.  Right now I'm on Day 6 of Stage 2, or a bit more than half way through (which is good, since I'm developing a serious craving for cheese ;-)


That brings up the whole question of diet, since some cleanses are based on fasting of various types.  For this cleanse, it's up to you -  if you eat burgers and fries every night, you'll pretty much torpedo any benefit from your investment in all those amazing herbs.  On the other hand, if you eat light, vegan meals and drink lots of filtered water, you'll get fantastic results.  




My Results (Knock Wood...):


So far, I haven't experienced any kind of healing crisis - a healing crisis happens when you have a lot of toxins and the cleanse starts moving them out of your body at a rapid rate.  The symptoms are pretty unpleasant and mimic real illness, even though they're actually a good sign. 


For me, however, it's all been the opposite so far.  Well, a bit of intestinal pain one afternoon, but who's to complain?  All in all, I've noticed:


  • Lots more energy throughout the day
  • Improved mental clarity
  • No more joint pain (a miracle, considering my other resilience-builder last week...)

This cleanse targets the colon (absolutely the most important place to start) and then moves on to all the major organs of toxin eliminations: your liver, gall bladder, lungs, kidneys, bladder and skin.  



So far, so good.  I'll keep you posted.  Cleanses are highly recommended at least twice a year.  Remember, you should only undertake a cleanse with the approval of your physician and / or a licensed and qualified health care provider. 


Next time, I'll fill you in on my other big activity of last week ;-)  


~ Dr. Symeon Rodger







No comments:

Post a Comment